Thursday 23 July 2015

Salutations

Yes, it has now been over a month since I last wrote a blogpost. Time flies!

The last time I had such a big gap between posting was over my last holidays, and I've just been on holiday again for three weeks and am now back at school as of tuesday. I am sensing a pattern here... it would seem I only blog when I'm at school, which makes absolutely no sense. Or perfect sense, if you take into account the fact that I am an epic procrastinator.

But anyway, I do have some news. Over these three weeks of freedom I have not been entirely inert, and I actually finished a book, something I am extremely proud of because I am absolutely terrible at finishing stuff! Granted, it's quite short, but it is my baby nonetheless. You can find it on wattpad riiiiight HERE, although not all the chapters are up just yet, but I'm posting one every couple of days so they'll all be up soon!

Erm, what else. I have a very busy term coming up, mostly with musical things, as well as academics. The saddest part is all you northern hemisphere people are having a lovely long summer holiday, and down here we're at school and it is absolutely freezing. But it's okay, because I have tea. Tea is the solution to everything.

Another pro of living up there in the northern hemisphere: you can currently walk into a cinema and watch Ant-Man. I CANNOT. IT IS NOT OUT IN SOUTH AFRICA UNTIL THE 31ST. This is very saddening because I am dying to see it and it is so difficult to avoid spoilers (especially when I follow about 200 marvel accounts on instagram) and everyone is saying that it's amazing and I just really want to see it. In a week tomorrow I can, but that just seems like so far away. Sigh.

Anyway, I think I'll shut up now because I've probably been rambling on for long enough. This was kind of just a life update kinda thing I guess, with a little sneaky self-promotion (heheh). But I should probably go and do something productive now. Like eat dinner.

So goodbye for now, and in apology for my lack of creative ideas / posting at all, here is a picture I took of an adorable dog I met when I was on holiday.


You're welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your book on wattpad. Great post!

    - Ellie Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your book and I agree that tea is the solution to everything. Your posts always put a smile on my face and it may be hot up here for us in the uk now but don't panic as the dreadful three are coming, rain, hail and snow. Huh! Lovely post @JustOldCurious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your book! And you are so right about tea; my whole family drinks like five cups every morning.
    As for posting, don't worry about it! Everybody needs a break sometimes. In fact, I took one quite recently and now I couldn't be happier.
    (P.s- I didn't know you were a writer! I've actually started a little Writing Competition on my own blog for budding authors like yourself. You're welcome to take a look if you want to! It would honestly mean so much to me if you did, as it's my first one and I really want it to be a success. Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete