Sunday 22 March 2015

Getting Organised

Hola, welcome to my blog if this is your first time visiting, and welcome back if you are returning (though I'm not sure why you would be you know you should probably get out while you still can).

Anywho, today I thought I'd just share a couple of ways I stay organised, because my last couple of blogposts have been more thoughtful and really just what was on my mind, so I thought I'd attempt to do something that might be at least a tiny bit helpful. Not sure how that's going to go, but it's worth a try! So yeah, I give thee five ways I like to stay organised.


P.S. If you didn't know already I am a high school student, so most of these things will be most useful if you are in high school. Although I guess quite a few can also be used in college or university or whatever else as well :)


1. Making lists


Okay so my number 1 way of getting organised is by first making a list of everything I have to do. I have this cute little book that says 'I love lists' on the front and I use it literally all the time, as I find it so much easier to get going with work when I know exactly what I have lined up to do. It also really helps as I can give myself a time limit according to how much else I have to do, rather than taking loads of time on one thing and not leaving enough time for everything else. Just don't spend all of your time making the list and then not doing what you have listed. Unfortunately, this happens to me a lot.


2. Keeping my diary updated


It's easy to forget what homework for what subject you have, or at least it is for me anyway! I always feel much more secure when I know I have everything I need to do written down exactly, so I always use my diary for this. That way I can check back on my day when I get home to see all my homework and when it's due, which I find very helpful because everything is in one space. Also, it's the most satisfying feeling when you can tick something off once it's done!


3. Putting major events onto my iPad calendar


Seeing as I use my iPad a lot at school, I find it super convenient to put all major events into my calendar. I really like this calendar because you can look at the whole month or the whole week and see all the things you have coming up, which helps me feel more prepared for the week ahead. I usually put it all tests, essays or projects due, as well as birthdays or other events such as our school play, which ran through last week. I also like to keep all school related things in pink and other things in blue, helping me differentiate which I find super helpful, and it's also great because if you have an iPhone you can sync the calendar, so you can quickly whip your phone out to access it wherever you are!


4. Having a whiteboard above my desk


This is another way to make sure I have everything in place and in order, so that I know exactly what I am doing and need to do. I have loads of little magnets so I can put up anything important, as then it is always right there when I sit down at my desk - which I do a lot - and that makes it impossible to forget. Right now it looks pretty empty actually, as I just have up my school timetable and my yearly planner which I got from school and has all major school events on it. (I've just realised I seem to have everything organised by day, by week, by month and then by year haha!) Having a whiteboard is also handy because if I need to quickly make a note of something, or write down an urgent reminder, I can whip out my whiteboard marker and out it on the whiteboard, and then once it's done I can just rub it off again!


5. File dividers


The final way I'm going to share that I keep organised is really only helpful if you're in school or maybe university, as this is by using file dividers. I currently take ten subjects at school and have a separate file for each that has all my work from last year and this year so far in, and I find it so much easier to keep everything in order with file dividers. This picture is of the literature section of my english file I think (it was the closest file I could find when I was taking the pictures haha) and this makes it super easy to study and revise for exams because when I look back at my work everything is in order! I also like how they add a bit of colour to my file, as I don't know why but I find it so much easier to work when there's colour involved!


But yeah, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed this blogpost and found it a tiny bit useful, I'm not great at giving advice but I thought I'd just give it a go anyway. Anyway yes, hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you with another blogpost very soon.

Adios amigos!



6 comments:

  1. I like to be organised too! Definitely in the later years of high school (which I'm in now), you have to be organised or you will seriously lose and forget everything! Hope you're well,

    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes i agree! i used to be so unorganised but now i'm getting better at it and it feels so much better :)

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work, love your posts and glad you decided to blog ! Xxx Im pretty much a control freak, I have to be organised, it's an essential !! Xoxox Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk !! Xx followers are desperately needed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips,thank you!I just cannot stand being unorganised :)followed you on GFC
    The Lifer Blog

    ReplyDelete