Tuesday 25 August 2015

Life is a Zip

I've often thought of the path of life as a zip. 



When I think about the future, about all the endless possibilities, my mind just can't fathom the number of things that could happen - and that most won't. I don't know if I believe in fate, if everything ahead of us is set in stone or we choose our own future, but I know that once something happens there's no going back. I imagine the future opening out in front of us, getting wider and wider as the range of possibilities expands as we look further ahead, the very near future having the least amount of possibilities. 

So like a zip, is what I'm getting at. 

And then behind us is our past, tightly knitted together as it stretches out behind us like a cape, preparing us for our future but not quite dictating it. 

When we are very young, even when our life first begins, the possibility of what could happen in our future is almost endless, and the two sides of the zip fan out as wide as they can go. And as we live our lives and create our story, our future starts to come together - until we're lying on our deathbed and there's not much else that can happen except for us to look back at our path of life we have created. 

I quite like this idea, this steady laying out of your own tracks as you live each day. Your choices affect your life, and where it will take you. Your life is in your own hands, and no one else can tell you how to live your life. Sure they can advise you, they can teach you, and sometimes other people's choices affect us, but at the end of the day it's all really down to you. You can decide if you're going to live a half-hearted life, or an incredible one. 

So there are you go, some motivation for the day! Went off topic a little there, but oh well. Hope you enjoyed reading this little snippet of all the crazy things that go on in my mind - and there will probably be more coming soon!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment