Friday 13 February 2015

A few of my favourite things!

Hello again! I’ve made it to my THIRD blog post, woop woop. 

So in order for you to get to know me a little better, I though I’d just share a few of my favourite things *cue song* ranging from books to seasons to drinks, and just talk about them a little. That is how a blog works, is it not? Well, that’s how my blog is going to work anyway! 


1. Harry Potter


Picture I took of the model of hogwarts at the studio tour!

As I have perviously mentioned, I am a major fangirl, so naturally I am completely in love with all things Harry Potter. Some call it the ‘gateway fandom', which it definitely is for me as I was only about eight when I first started reading the books, and it is because of HP that I discovered the vast amount of fangirls living on the internet and decided to join them, as well as about 1037 more fandoms!

I was also lucky enough to visit the Harry Potter studio tour in England a couple of years ago which was absolutely amazing, and definitely something I would recommend to everyone, regardless of age! They also have an amazing shop full of merch though I wanted to just buy everything, I settled for a really cool ravenclaw scarf. I also have a hogwarts cloak from when I was about seven, but I like to pretend it still fits me!


2. Winter


Winter is definitely my favourite season. I don’t know why this is the second thing that came to mind; maybe because it is currently the middle of summer here in SA and has got up to almost 35 degrees (that’s Celcius) some of the last few days and I have a very very low heat tolerance, and sweat like crazy and turn bright red and just get sunburnt everywhere.

I think winter is really pretty for starters, especially when it snows (although I know snow can sometimes be a pain in the back, but who cares when it’s pretty!). I also love winter clothes, because leggings, scarves, jumpers and boots are just my favourite things to wear and I practically live in them during winter. In the Northern Hemisphere with winter comes Christmas of course, and Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year because I love the food, I love seeing all my family and I just love how everyone is so happy and jolly. (This is getting really cheesy so I think I’ll stop here.)


3. My dog

excuse the random foot haha
Meet Fiona, my gorgeous doggie. She is a cross between a collie and a black labrador, and she turned eight last year. She is my favourite thing because she’s so cute and cuddly and soft, though she can sometimes be extremely stupid - for instance, I often let her out the front door and leave it open so she can come back in, and of course she runs around the house and barks at the other door. Nonetheless I love her to bits. <3


4. Music


Music is a huuuuuge part of my life and I honestly don’t know what I’d do without it. As I mentioned I play the piano and the violin and I also sing a bit, and I also love to write my own music. As for music I listen to, well, I’m not gonna lie I have a very strange taste in music. I listen to anything from Fall Out Boy to Adele to classical music to film soundtracks. I think my all time favourite piece of music would have to be Pachelbel’s Canon in D, I’ve always loved it since I was about seven (if you haven’t heard of it seriously do your ears a favour and go and look it up right now) though I am also a huge fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks, as well as all The Hunger Games soundtracks. I think my current favourite song song would have to be either Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay or These Days by Take That, as both these songs just make me feel awesome and These Days especially holds some amazing memories.

Oh wait, I forgot to mention Pentatonix! I am a disgrace. Only kidding, but I don’t know how I managed to forget about them… I recently because super obsessed with them and their music, and bought their whole Christmas album at the beginning of January even though Christmas was over. I think my favourite songs of theirs are the original ones though - and I think they have a completely original album coming out sometime this year which is so exciting! AND ALSO THEY JUST ONE A GRAMMY WHICH IS SO AMAZING!


5. Tea



How very British of me, I know, but I honestly just love tea so much, and I literally drink it all the time. I usually drink about 3-6 cups of tea a day, which probably isn’t great for my teeth but oh well! Literally, I drink it when I wake up, I drink it with breakfast, I drink it when I get home from school, I drink it when I’m studying, I drink it when I’m watching a film and I drink it before I go to bed. I am actually just realising now how much this is... I really wasn’t kidding when I said I drink it all the time!


And I will leave it there for now, as I seem to have written quite a lot. Is there a limit or something to how long your blog posts can be? I have no idea. Guess I’ll find out!

Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment below to let me know if I’m doing okay at this blogging thing! Also let me know, what are five of your favourite things?

Au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. harry potter is my favorite thing ever, i'm dying to go to the studio tour!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend it it's absolutely amazing! thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete