Monday 16 February 2015

A little study tip!

Hello again! Hope you are having a lovely day wherever you are :)

So today I thought I'd share a little study tip for anyone who might have exams coming up or even just tests at school, because let's face it, we're always going to have to study at some point. Sigh. Yes, I do often try to kid myself that I don't really have that test next week, and therefore end up sitting in front of a tonne of notes the day before wondering how the hell I'm going to remember everything for tomorrow.


Well, there is one way that I find helps me remember info really easily, and that is by using key cards.

Of course, I didn't invent key cards and there is a large possibility you have heard of them or used them before, but I'm just going to share how I, personally, like to do it :)


Seeing as I'm quite a creative person I love to have COLOUR in my notes, and find that I study better when this is the case. Therefore I love to use colourful post-its to create my key cards, and I often colour code them according to what's on them too. For example these key cards are for chemistry (yes I do realise I am in fact holding a physics book in the first photo, but just imagine it's a chemistry one) and I use pink for all the acids I need to remember and yellow for bases.


I find using key cards great especially for learning little things such as names of acids or bases, as I like to test myself afterwards by looking at one side of the post-it and trying to recall the other side - in this case one side is the name of the acid and the other is the symbol. I also really like that you can test both ways, i.e. I can first test by reading the name and giving the symbol, and then later on vice versa so reading the symbol and giving the name.


Also, I do have to have a cup of tea next to me while studying, seeing as I drink it basically all the time anyway. Does that count as a study tip? You never know, it may just help you study...


But that is about all I have to say about key cards! So what about you? Do you use key cards to study, or do have another method you prefer to use? Let me know as I am always looking for helpful study tips, not that I do it that often...

Oh, and here is my reflection in my computer screen. Hello!


Hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I will see you very soon.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment