Thursday 5 February 2015

The Reason Behind My Name

Hello again! So, it would seem I have made it to my second blog post, an achievement I am actually very proud of! And I think I kind of know what I am doing now... sort of.

Anyway, I thought I'd just write a bit about why I chose the name 'Planet Megan' for my blog, in case anyone was wondering (which you probably weren't but oh well).

So I am quite a thoughtful person and very easily start thinking about something extremely random and just completely zoning out of whatever is currently happening around me (especially during class, which is not advisable). When I was younger, probably somewhere between the ages of around 6 and 10, I used to do this an awful lot and whenever I did my parents, after calling my name a few times with, of course, no answer, used to say I was on 'Planet Megan'.

I quite liked the idea of having my own planet, my own world inside my head, where anything I wanted could happen and I had complete control. Thousands of thoughts and stories were created in my head - on my planet - some of which stuck and some of which I forgot the second I was called back into the present day.

Seeing as this blog is really just going to be somewhere I can shout into the void and spew out my thoughts - sometimes with coherent structure and sometimes literally exactly what comes to the front of my mind - I thought I'd name it after my little planet inside my head, the place where all my thoughts, stories and creativity exist, because that's what this blog is going to be really. The only difference is now I'm actually writing everything down (oh and also sharing it with the internet).

But yeah, that is basically why I decided to call my blog 'Planet Megan'. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! I'm sure I will be back very soon as I am a huge procrastinator and have a lot of tests and assessments coming up, so will probably be here a lot! (again, not advisable)

Byeeee!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a neat story! Congrats on starting your blog and making it to your second (well technically third while I'm writing this) post! (: I'm interested to see what you have in store!

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet || Simply-M

    ReplyDelete