Wednesday 23 December 2015

A Day in Bruge | Blogmas Day 22

Salut. Today I woke up even earlier than yesterday, 10.30am! I know, crazy. I then had a quick shower before all 17 of us headed of for Bruges, Belgium. 

The car ride there was about an hour long, and Zoe, Agathe and I were in the back with very very little leg space. But we made it, and it was definitely worth it because the city is so beautiful! I couldn't get over just how many people there were riding bikes, and there were plenty of bike lanes and racks for them too. We meandered around the cute cobbled streets before sopping for lunch where I had a Croque Monseiur avec des frites, even though we weren't in France anymore and the menu was in Flemmish, which was interesting! We spent the rest of the afternoon strolling through the streets with Christmas lights and music all around, before heading back to the cars as darkness fell, legs tired from spending the day walking. The journey home was longer, and though a snoozed for half of it my legs were so cramped up by the time we got back! It was a relief to get out of the car. We then chilled for while before having a lovely dinner, after which we all retreated to the cinema room to watch my PowerPoint and Zoe's video of South Africa, which went down well. We then watched some other random vids and are now watching U2 in Paris, even though it's gone midnight so I'm probably going to go to bed soon. 

Okey doke, see you then. Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment