Thursday 31 December 2015

The Year in Review

2015 has been an incredible year. Of course it's had it's ups and downs, it's had times that weren't great and times that were unbelievably amazing. And the latter is what I want to focus on - and especially all the things I have achieved, and that I am proud of. So without further ado, here is a list of just some of the amazing things (in no particular order) that have happened in 2015. 

1. I got distinction for my grade 8 piano and played at the ABRSM High Scorers Concert 
2. I got distinction for my grade 6 violin
3. I had my first own composition performed at school (Guinevere)
4. I had my second composition performed at my school's carol service (Long, Long Ago)
5. I went on tour with my singing group
6. I went on academic tour
7. I went on tour to umfolozi
8. I went on exchange to France (and am still here haha)
9. I finished writing my first book (The Invisible Boy)
10. I learnt to play the viola
11. I joined a string ensemble outside of school
12. I went to a party (wow look at me being social!)
13. I had a holiday with my BFF
14. I navigated my way through Dubai airport all alone
15. I job shadowed on two different days
16. I was part of my school's musical
17. I went to Grahamstown festival 
18. I got my second ear piercings
19. I completed two sets of exams for 10 subjects
20. I created this blog
21. I went to KZN, the Eastern Cape, Dubai, Edinburgh, Paris, Lille and Belgium for the first time
22. I started composition lessons
23. I ate snails for the first time
24. I continued to become more confident
25. I went to see One Republic live
26. I started watching Agents of SHIELD
27. I went of Grade 11 camp
28. I listened to some amazing music

Well there you go. That is by no means every wonderful thing that happened in 2015, but just a few off the top of my head. And seriously, what a year. Looking back not only have I been lucky enough to do so many amazing things and visit so many new and wonderful places, but I've also done so many things that may seem small, but that I'm extremely proud of. And seeing as it's the last day of 2015 I will allow myself to feel proud and give myself a pat on the back. 

So here's to 2015, a crazy year of madness. Now bring on 2016!



No comments:

Post a Comment