Thursday 24 December 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year | Blogmas Day 23-24

So as I'm writing this... it's Christmas Day! Just gone midnight. So merry Christmas, I guess!

But anyway, lemme back track a bit because I didn't write a blogpost for yesterday, and I don't have a lame excuse I'm afraid. Soooo allons-y!

So the morning was slow and chilled, and I had a lovely breakfast of Nutella on bread and a couple of clementines with Zoe and Agathe. At about 12 I went with Sophie, Bobby, Maryse and Agathe to a massive house just across the road that was very pretty with amazing architecture! After walking around there for a couple of hours and snapping some pics we returned to the house for lunch, and after that Agathe and I spent literally the whole afternoon colouring these pretty floral drawings with inspirational messages written in French on them. It's so addictive omg! They turned out really nicely though, and it was actually nice to just chill and colour and listen to music with Agathe! After that we had dinner, followed by a lovely white chocolate and berry desert made by Zoe and Sylvie. We then all retreated to the living room to play the same game as before, which I have now found out is in fact called "Quitte ou Double". It was really fun, even though my team ended up with a grand total of zero points because we blew everything in the last round haha! It was gone kosher by the time we all then traipsed off to bed. 

The next day, Christmas Eve, we had to wake up a bit earlier than usual in order to get back home in time to do all that had to be done. After another yummy but unhealthy breakfast we scampered around gathering all our scattered things and packing it all away into the car. It was then time to say goodbye, which is never easy. Even though I'd only spent 3 days with this family I've grown very fond of them, and I'll be sad not to see them again! Maybe I'll just have to come back next Christmas haha. 

Then came the drive home which took about 3 and a half hours I think, and when we arrived back Leo made me what was basically fish fingers and chips but had some fancy French name, but anyway 'twas good. Zoe, Sophie and I then went shopping for all the Cristian's food, and when we returned I quickly showered and then the festivities began! Yet again, there was soooo much food and I'm stuffed now. First we had little nibbly bits by the fire as we opened all the wonderful presents that had appeared under the tree! We then moved to the dining table for some clam-like things that I can't quite remember the name of, followed by cheese (of course), followed by a lovely berry and ice cream desert Zoe had made, similar to the one we had at Sylvie's. We then waited until midnight so we could say, IT'S CHRISTMAS!

The last few days I've had an amazing time and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to do something so amazing as spend a Christmas in a different country. Not to mention Zoe's family - extended too - are SO nice and I couldn't have wished for better people! Anyway I'll shush now because I'm getting all sentimental, but I'll just say this: Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

And with that, I'm off to the land of dreams. This is the last time I'll be doing this, and I'll kind of miss it I think! But yeah, if anyone was actually reading I hope you enjoyed, and I'll be back to normal blogposts come January. 

So for the last time, merry Christmas and a happy new year! And I hope everyone has a lovely day. 

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment